Friday, October 25, 2013

Creating Happiness, Laughter and Love - my new family......

This Friday, today, is the last day of my life as I have known it for five months.  Since June 2013, I have been "unemployed."  I resigned from my position as a worship pastor in a large church and went from 50 hours a week planning, rehearsing, researching, praying, visiting, organizing, cleaning, decorating, writing and on and on and on to....well, basically whatever I wanted to do.  During those five months I interviewed with many different male senior pastors (never a female - I wonder why? Hmmm....) I traveled to Indiana and Texas and lead worship in churches much smaller than the one I left.  The Holy Spirit worked in a mighty way in those services...but I was not moved myself.  Only, rather, puzzled.  I traveled to Branson to see my dad, I traveled back home to Kansas City for long visits, started several blogs (something I had always wanted to do) started a non profit (Handiwork 4 Him-more to come on that) auditioned for a professional theatre (and Almost got a part leading me to think that it might still be a possibility in my life).  After walking through many doors I have finally landed in a place and will no longer have my days to "putter."  All my energy and time will be directed towards creating happiness, laughter and love with American Greetings Corporation.  I get a car, and a gas card, a lap top and an iphone.  My hours are my own and I basically run my 40 employee 190 account area as a small business focusing on continuous improvement, inspiring and motivating employees, strengthening customer relationships whilst keeping on top of day to day operations.  I am grateful for an excellent income and benefits in a time when jobs are hard to come by - and I plan to give this company the best of me.

I am writing this simply to let everyone know who I will be from now on.  As other opportunities arise and my work with my non profit evolves I will keep you posted in future blogs.

I hope you continue to follow me on Ruby Slippers.  I plan to continue to keep up with this blog which was originally designed to discuss change and transition.  Just because I have landed a new career doesn't mean I am not in change and transition :-)  I will always be in this space until the day when I take my last breath on this earth.  Growing is living for me.  And I hold fast to my motto "Bloom where you are planted."

My bulb has been re potted into new warm soil.  I am looking forward to the first break through of color this spring.

Thank you for following me .  Love to you all.

Cathy



No comments:

Post a Comment