Thursday, October 17, 2013

Reflections on Revival.

Reflections on a Revival Weekend.

I had the great opportunity to lead worship for the Pittsfield Nazarene Church revival services with Dr, Michael Benson.  here are a few reflection moments for me:

1.  How a church is cared for says alot about how the congregation feels about its church.  We are always spouting off about how the church is not BUILDINGS.  Well that is true - the church is PEOPLE.  May I just share that a beautiful sanctuary, cared for, says to visitors, "we care about God's House."  Pittsfield Church was very well cared for - and it was obvious that it was not just the building, but the people as well from the children to the senior adults.  Kudos to this church for caring about the details.

2.  When you think that you have done the "worst" by being reckless, God uses this as an opportunity to take you to the big table. 

3.  Prayer is not the way to equip us for greater works - it IS the greater work.  Prayer is the connection between ourselves and our Christ.  Personally for me, prayer is the breathing in and breathing out of the Holy Spirit.  Prayer is continual all day long.  My soul longs for You Lord - and out of that yearning I speak to You all day long and about all things.

4.  Handiwork 4 Him is now a reality and I need to treat it like one.  If you do handiwork I am interested in connecting with you to help women in Honduras create a better life.

5.  I was told that someone heard from God that I should be added to a church staff.  I do not take any comment like this frivolously.  God may be designing something wonderful - and I want to be a part of anything that He has a hand in designing.

6.  Cabin and creation living is a great way to detox.  I am thankful for good friends who made my stay such a joy.  The sounds of a cabin full of girls laughing, singing, praying, playing was intoxicating.  I may never have this day to day experience myself - but I can enjoy other people's lives and be blessed by their testimony and day to day spirits.

7.  Live a life of gratitude.  Wake up each day being grateful for what is in your life and what is coming into your life.  Share your testimony often, because you never know who might be needing it.

8.  Never take your loved ones for granted.  Embrace them as often as you can.  Lean into Love.  Always Err on the side of Love.

9.  You may not have a pedigree, but that doesn't mean that God will not and cannot use you.  Don't fear being "outside the club."  There really is no "club".  You belong and don't let anyone make you feel like you don't.  Be strong, be confident.

10.  Reinvention is radical but needed.  A revival in a church is a time for reinvention.  If you don't want reinvention - don't hold revival.


No comments:

Post a Comment