Thursday, October 3, 2013

Epic Ruby Adventures.

I'm baaccckkkk!  Ruby Slippers could not be silenced :-)  For those of you just reading this blog - Ruby Slippers was my first blog I started back in May of 2013.  I had never blogged before, found myself suddenly with more time than I was used to and needed an creative outlet to work through my latest life transition.  It was a blog originally to inspire and encourage women going through change, not THE change, just change in general. Although we could also talk about that change as well...anyway, I digress.

I stopped blogging Ruby in August, and began blogging about Worship.  Which is just great and and I enjoy immensely, however today's events in my life have caused me to bring Ruby back out.  So I hope you enjoy the antics and activities of a woman from Kansas who grew up with The Wizard and Dorothy, has a fondness for sparkles and shoes, loves God and continues to push through adversity towards her best tomorrow.

Welcome - and thanks for reading.

Today was kind of amazballs.  I ll break it down in a few bites.

1.  A friend who owns a Christian TV Station in town asked me to be on a pilot for a new tv program similar to the View with four female hosts.  Christian based with focus on what's happening in the community, fashion, fun, food....you know View stuff.  I have to admit - this whole thing makes me smile ;-)  A perfect fit.  A gal who loves fashion, has a voice and point of view, isn't afraid of the camera, loves to laugh and likes to eat.  Bwahahaha.  What could be better for me right?  I 'll keep you posted.

2.  God gave me a vision when I last visited my mother in law in July.  As a result I contacted a good missionary friend in Honduras and received an e mail from him today.  5 - 6 years ago I was on a work and witness trip to Honduras and met incredible people building a church on a cliff overlooking the capital city.  Corrugated tin huts, dirt floors, barbed wire and glass protecting their few possessions.  Women with children and no men - except for the men who come to prey. No money, no skills.  And then Jesus showed up and a church was built and a school and teachers and mission groups came regularly and loved the women and children - and I was one of those.  I fell in love.  And I have never forgotten.  So that is Villa Christina.  In July I watched and listened to my mother in law describing all the crochet thread she had that she needed to do something with.  She is a widow and has much time on her hands.  She likes to do handiwork - doilies, scrubbies, booties, dish cloths, etc.  Then I spent time with my own mother in September who knits.  She makes scarves and hats.  In this country there are a lot of retired and widowed ladies who like to do handiwork because it keeps them busy.  Keeps them active.  Gives them purpose.  In Honduras there are women with no skills and no materials.  The widows can only give away so many doilies, the Hondurans can potentially SELL the doilies and make extra money for food, clothing and essentials.  Anyway, I pitched it - they loved it and I am in the baby stages of "Handiwork for Him" Honduras Exchange.  Pretty cool huh?  God also gave me another ministry called God's Goods...but I am not sure where we are headed with that yet.

3.  A friend from high school that I have touched base with through Facebook sends me a last minute beg to send my worship pastor resume to his church who is looking for a worship pastor and is located in...drum roll...Colorado Springs!  Hello!!  So I sent that off today.

4.  Indy is not a closed door yet.  I still wait to hear from this dream church and covet your prayers for what would be an incredible match for me.  Best band, praise team, choir I have heard since Mid America days.  Extremely blessed church - I would be blown away to work with such a gifted group.

So, I share all this to share all this.  God has the most amazing plans for you - more amazing than you can ever imagine.  Ever!  Just relax and enjoy the ride.  He will use you until you decide you won't be used.

Be blessed bright ones.

Pastor Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment