Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In Transition - Beware of the Good and Wait on the Best.

Good evening Change Heroines.  How are you doing in your transition?  Do you find yourself anxious, emotionally defeated, tired, depressed, confused and unfocused?  That' is where I have found myself lately.  Unfocused.  

Have you ever jumped at the good thing instead of waiting for the best thing?  We women are good at that.  Alot of us are "fixers."  We hear of a need and we jump in wanting to make it all better.  It's good works and it makes you feel better about your situation knowing that you are helping someone else and that you are significant in someone's life.  But if you re-read that last paragraph - in times of transition good is about you and your rights....best is about God and His direction.  

Busy people don't do well in the waiting.  Impatience, feelings of insignificance, the need to be needed...these feelings lead us to jump in and be a "do-gooder."  In my transition period I have been doing this.  Jumping at the need.  In my last two nights of deep prayer with my husband seeking God's direction I was slapped in the face with three invitations to jump in that I had to end because although they were good things - they were not God's direction for us.  I feel like a flake....having to back out of something that I committed to.  I know that in God's power He will bless all parties.  I would have been a stumbling block to these good things....not a blessing and certainly not anointed.

I write all these things to help remind us dear friends to beware of our right to choose.  God has the best for us - for all of us.  Beware of getting desperate, beware of needing to feel needed.  Stay on your face before God and He will lead and guide You towards the best for the Kingdom.

If you take the left, then I will go to the right; or, if you go to the right, then I will go to the left —Genesis 13:9


**Cathy is a speaker, writer, dramatist and worship leader.  She is available for engagements by calling 217 521 2070 or at cwoolaway@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment