Friday, August 23, 2013

Change in the Secret Place

When you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly —Matthew 6:6


God is speaking to each us of us in the secret places of our hearts.  We should all have a secret place, a prayer closet that we go to.  What is a closet?  It is a dark, quiet place where we can be alone and commune with God.  Why is it dark?  So that we can focus our eyes on nothing but His power.  Why is it quiet? So that we cannot be distracted by the noise of our lives.

In the closet your mind and emotions will continue to distract you.  It will take discipline to bring your whole body, mind and spirit into that place where only God is there.

Every morning when God allows me another day I have a habit of praying with Him and praising Him before I rise.  Every morning I wake with Jesus on my lips.  Jesus, be with me today.  Jesus, guide my thoughts today.  Jesus, use me today.  

Every night I say the Lord's prayer over and over before I sleep.

Every day when I am restless, I stop and quiet myself.  Go to my prayer closet and spend time with Him.

Your relationship with God through prayer and His Word will keep your inner emotions balanced.  It will keep your desires balanced.  It will sustain you through temptations.

As we continue through our molting season to become the best we can be, remember your prayer closet.  Go to it frequently.  Make it a habit of yours.  We are creatures of habit.  Habit is something that is in our nature.  We were never designed for destructive habits.  We were designed for habits that delight God.  The habit of prayer, the habit of scripture, the habit of caring for others, the habit of praise, the habit of caring for His temple (our body), the habit of charity and the habit of love.  Cultivate these habits in your life and see what changes God brings about.

Be blessed today.




**Cathy is a writer, speaker and worship leader.  You may contact her at 217 521 2070 or cwoolaway@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment