Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ruby Slippers

As a young girl living in Kansas there were two movies that caught my imagination.  One was The Wizard of Oz and the other Gone with the Wind.  The heroines of each story amazed me with their abilities to know just what to do in any situation they found themselves in. We are the heroines of our own stories. Chapters  bring new life changes, sometimes expected but mostly unexpected.  Like Dorothy, we wish we had the magic slippers we could click three times to propel us to safety.  Alas, there is no "magic".  Wishing ourselves away from change does not move us forward.  We end up stalled and frustrated rather than embracing the change ahead and looking towards the future.  Like Dorothy, we long for our safe space  where the past embraces us with familiar surroundings, familiar people and familiar routines.  If you are a woman anything like me you come to a time when what becomes familiar is change.  This blog is intended to explore change in a healthy way.  When Dorothy clicked her heels she repeated "There's no place like home."  When I click my heels together today I will repeat "There's no place like change."

I would love to hear your feedback and welcome questions.  I am available for worship retreats, speaking engagements or one on one discussion.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment